G120 and G120E are .NET Micro Framework (NETMF) System on Modules.
Using the NETMF software
We discourage the use of NETMF software on our products in favor for TinyCLR OS. Read more about the use of NETMF and TinyCLR OS.
Using TinyCLR OS
If haven't yet, read about using NETMF devices with TinyCLR OS
Loading Bootloader v2
- Download the bootloader file
- Set the LDR0 and LDR1 signals low while resetting the board.
- The PC will now detect a virtual serial (COM) device. If you need drivers, they are in the NETMF SDK.
- Open any terminal software, we recommend Tera Term.
- Select serial and pick the COM port associated with your board.
Eand you will see back "Erase all memory! Are you sure?" now enter
Y. (The bootloader is case sensitive)
Xand you will see
CCCC... showing on the terminal.
- Now go to
Sendand then check the
- Select the bootloader file you have downloaded above.
- You will see
File Transfer Finished Successfully.
- Reset your board, you are now running GHI Electronics bootloader version 2!
Loading the Firmware
First make sure you have bootloader v2 loaded. This needs to be done only once.
To activate bootloader v2, hold the LDR0 signal low while resetting the board.
G120 Based products
G120 Development Board
The development system used for evaluating the EMX SoM.
G120 TH Module
A though-hole version of G120.
FEZ Cobra III
An Arduino-pinout compatible single board computer.
FEZ Cobra II
A single board computer.